The e-CMS is developed to support a seamless connection with the electronic content system based on the TH e-GIF standards.
Electronic Correspondence Management Service (e-CMS Version 2.0 on Cloud)
The EGA has developed e-CMS Version 2.0 on Cloud to support the extension of the exchange of the information between different government agencies based on the advancement of the electronic content system, complying with the national development plan approved by the Prime Minister and the Minister of the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, particularly No. 8, the integration and exchange of electronic data between different government agencies to foster the existence of e-Government.
The Electronic Government Agency (Public Organization) (EGA) has continued to monitor the exchange of information implemented by the electronic content system and the information exchange system. Currently, the existence of e-CMS Version 2.0 on Cloud can efficiently support both systems and is managed to expand its potential to various government organizations in a consistent manner.
- Government letters and documents developed in an electronic form complying with the TH e-GIF (Thailand Electronic Government Interoperability Framework) standards.
- The electronic content system of Agency A.
- Acknowledgement of government letters and documents.
- Report on the delivery and reception of documents between different organizations.
e-CMS Version 2.0 on Cloud by EGA
As the government is pushing forward the policies for various government agencies to develop their operational and management styles to be ready for the upcoming e-Government, aiming to generate greater efficiency in providing quality services to the general public, the government has reiterated its ambition to become e-Government to stimulate a powerful connection and exchange of information based on the electronic requirements, particularly between various government organizations. It is highly important to promote the integration of data and information expected to be used by all parties involved.
Consequently, the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (currently the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society) has determined to develop a strategic framework for the preparation of information based on the requirements of the TH e-GIF (Thailand Electronic Government Interoperability Framework) standards. The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society has therefore initiated a pilot project named “Exchange of Information towards the Electronic Content System” to publicize suggestions, requirements, and standards of TH e-GIF.
Directions of e-CMS Version 2.0 on Cloud
The EGA has generated the expansion of the exchange of information between government agencies via the electronic content system under the requirements of the TH e-GIF standards approved by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (currently the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society). Without any technological restriction, the EGA, which is responsible for e-CMS Version 2.0 on Cloud, has set its ambitious goal for three key areas explained below:
- Government agencies participating in the project are allowed to exchange their information related to the electronic content system with other government organizations accurately and efficiently.
- The connection of the electronic content system will be provided for government agencies at different levels, including ministry, department, and region.
- The transmission of information will be enhanced between various government agencies.
Benefits of e-CMS Version 2.0 on Cloud
- Government agencies will be able to apply the use of the electronic content system, where the information can always be exchanged among different government organizations backed by the required standards of e-CMS Version 2.0 on Cloud and which can be communicated via GIN.
- The delivery and reception of government letters and documents will be improved with greater efficiency.
- The development provided for the inspection of government letters and documents will be maximized.
- The faster speed of the delivery and reception of government letters and documents is guaranteed.
- Greater information security is guaranteed.
Main Ideas of the Exchange of the Electronic Content System
- GIN (Government Information Network) is progressed to facilitate the seamless connection and exchange of the electronic content system applied by different government organizations.
- Cloud is launched for the purpose of web services to facilitate the transmission and management of the electronic content system featured with a series of XML data according to the standards set for the connection process without any restriction in terms of different technological applications evolved by various developers of the electronic content system.
- G-Cloud has been developed to support the placement of the EGA’s e-CMS to reduce the load of supplies required for the installation of e-CMS for different government agencies according to the original version of Cloud. The newly developed Cloud is expected to help ease all operating processes in a centralized manner, which will be highly convenient for management and maintenance.
- XML is the government-based data developed by the electronic content system set to comply with the standards and requirements specified in TH e-GIF used for the exchange of information between each electronic content system applied by different government organizations.
- Monitoring System is introduced to help a user to monitor the status of a certain government letter or document, and can produce a report of the delivery and reception of the government letter or document conducted by all government agencies via e-CMS.
Preparation for Project Participation
Networking: As e-CMS Version 2.0 on Cloud featured in GIN is not already applied by all government agencies, it will be most suitable for all government organizations to conveniently install GIN by sending their requests to the EGA Contact Center.
Electronic Content System: All government agencies are expected to possess the electronic content system, which is not limited to any ownership of different developers. Every government agency is required to contact the EGA for the installation of the electronic content system. Inspired by the Saraban as a service project launched by the EGA, any interested government agency can contact the EGA Contact Center for the installation of this application.